Short sleep and immunity - is there a relationship between the two?
Good immunity is conditioned by many factors, which at the same time explain a number of reasons that lead to its disruption. Can lack of sleep disrupt the immune system?
Lack of sleep and immunity. The role of sleep in the body
Sleeping is one of the most important ways to rejuvenate the body after a full day of work. Movement, stress, focus, thought, and a number of other activities affect metabolism and are involved in virtually every system in the human body. During sleep, the body "slows down" and gains time to counteract the consequences of overstimulation. Here are some examples:
- breathing adjustment
- slowing down of the metabolic rate
- normalize blood pressure
- Optimum heart rate recovery
- Reducing excessive muscle tension
- Reduce excessive pressure on the nervous system
This is only part of the effect of maintaining optimal sleep duration. A minimum of 6 hours per day has been reported for adults, which may not be enough in the case of people who exercise and train regularly, for example. The causes of lack of sleep may be as follows:
- stress that leads to anxiety and irritability,
- Excessive physical activity in the evening,
- spicy foods that increase the metabolic rate,
- Eating a large meal less than two hours before bedtime,
- Too much light in the room or staying too long in front of the screen,
- Excessively high ambient temperature and poor ventilation during the day,
- consumption of products with stimulating properties of the nervous system (for example, coffee),
Lack of sleep and low immunity
The sleep process is regulated by a hormone called melatonin, which is produced by the pineal gland. It is this hormone that sets the correct rhythm of the day, which is associated, among other things, with a decrease in temperature and pressure when you feel very sleepy. In addition, melatonin is a compound that has powerful antioxidant properties. So too short
sleep may be the reason for the reduced protection of cells from the harmful effects of oxygen free radicals and oxidative stress. This, in turn, increases the risk of a decrease in the body's immunity and susceptibility to various microorganisms.
Brand Olimp Labs has created a practical product that can prove to be a valuable support in the event of a very short sleep. Forsun Melatonin Rapid is a convenient ODT tablet (dissolves in the mouth and does not require drinking water!), providing the body with an optimal dose of melatonin. Rapid absorption of the product ensures effective action in a
short time, which may have a positive effect on sleep and sleep quality, thus promoting good immunity. The product was developed in the modern laboratories of the pharmaceutical company Olimp Laboratories using high-quality raw materials that have undergone the necessary microbiological purity analysis.