How do you recognize a deficiency of essential vitamins?
It is hard to deny that vitamins are one of the most important components of the daily diet and play an undeniable role in the proper functioning of the body. How do you recognize a vitamin deficiency? Are there any symptoms that may indicate insufficient intake of certain vitamins?
What are the symptoms of a deficiency of essential vitamins?
First of all, we should know that all vitamins are necessary and play a very important role in the metabolism. The body begins to respond to deficiencies in a very short time, which helps very significantly - the appearance of visible and / or tangible symptoms makes it possible to quickly identify the problem. Then there is an opportunity to provide the necessary substance in a short time and avoid possible complications.
Is the primary vitamin deficiency site specific? Unfortunately no. Practically every vitamin has different functions in the body. Therefore, a very low level of vitamin C will cause an abnormality completely different from vitamin A or any of the components of group B.
- Vitamin A deficiency
- Skin lesions in the form of a rash
- Excessive dry eyes and vision problems
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Sensory deprivation and hand tremor (B1)
- Peeling of the skin around the lips and face (B2) and sores on the tongue (B3).
- Depressed mood, feeling tired and tired, mucous membrane inflammation (B6).
- Hair loss, weak nails, graying of the skin (B7)
- Anemia, taste perversion, excessive weight loss (B12)
- Vitamin E deficiency
- Increased oxidative stress
- Vitamin C deficiency
- Scurvy - gingivitis and spontaneous bleeding
- Deterioration of the skin condition due to impaired collagen production.
- Impaired immune function and increased susceptibility to infection
- Vitamin D deficiency
- weak immunity
- low bone strength
- Disruption of normal muscle function
- Reducing calcium and phosphorous levels
- Vitamin K deficiency
- poor wound healing
- low bone strength
- Weakening the effect of vitamin D
How do you deal with a deficiency of essential vitamins?
A healthy, balanced diet is of course the best solution. A well-designed nutritional plan, including healthy products, is an excellent source of the most important vitamins and helps in solving the problem of deficiency. However, it must be remembered that the level of assimilation of nutrients contained in food is very limited. That is why dietary supplements are a good support for the diet - for this purpose, it is better to choose products manufactured according to pharmaceutical standards.
The Vita-Min One supplement from Olimp Sport Nutrition is an example of this type of product. It is a solid meal of the most important vitamins and minerals, supplemented with American ginseng extract, made in the form of convenient capsules. The product is ideal for all people who want to eliminate the risks of deficiency and ensure a varied daily diet.