Acidification - how do we deal with it?
The human body does not like extremes. Maintaining optimal proportion and balance is the basis for maintaining good health. Therefore, a rather intense acidification of the body is an important problem that can cause a number of undesirable conditions. How do we treat it? What should be done to find the correct pH value?
What are the causes of acidification?
The problem called acidification of the body is the result of a disturbance in the correct acid-base balance. This imbalance is usually caused by a deficiency in minerals known as electrolytes, such as magnesium, potassium, sodium, and calcium. A nutritional plan that
does not include natural sources of these contributes to a change in the natural balance of the system - in this case, the pH value decreases, which is equivalent to an increase in the acidic reaction of the cellular environment.
However, electrolyte deficiency is only one of many causes of acidification. Other risk factors include:
- Very intense physical activity
- Excessive stress and sleep disturbances
- Excessive consumption of coffee and strong tea
- Plenty of protein in the daily diet
- Smoking and alcohol consumption regularly
- Poor state of the normal gut microbiota
- Decreased hydration and decreased fluid intake
- Taking certain medications and hormonal contraceptives
- A diet rich in high-calorie processed foods (including sweets, colorful sodas, fast food, and meals high in simple sugars and trans fats).
What are the symptoms of acidification?
The first signs of acidification appear soon after an acid-base imbalance occurs. Low pH impairs the body's functioning at almost all levels. Excessive acidification leads to a deterioration in the psychosomatic state - a decrease in the level of energy, lack of concentration, pain in the muscles and joints, as well as a constant feeling of heaviness. Additionally, people with acidity are often more likely to be overweight and have increased levels of body fat.
In addition, it is worth noting such consequences as:
- Deterioration in the condition and appearance of the skin, hair and nails
- Digestive problems, such as reflux, flatulence and heartburn
- Decreased immunity and increased risk of infections such as the common cold
- Low mood, such as excessive nervousness, apathy, low motivation.
How do you deal with acidification?
Olimp Sport Nutrition has created extremely valuable support in the form of the Alkagen Fast supplement. These are effervescent tablets that contain a number of beneficial substances (including zinc, magnesium and calcium salts of phosphoric acid, potassium, sodium bicarbonate and L-glutamine), which help maintain electrolyte balance and help maintain acid-base balance. The product is recommended for physically active people and all who follow a healthy diet.